dccm too many simultaneous mail messages

Valentin Chopov valentin@valcho.net
Tue Feb 10 16:21:49 UTC 2004

Vernon thanks.

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Vernon Schryver wrote:

> The only alternatives are to:
>
>   1. decrease the number of simultaneous mail messages that sendmail
>      will handle.  Depending on the version of sendmail, that's in
>      the load limiting and load shedding controls usually set in
>      sendmail.cf.  Old versions of sendmail have what I consider
>      defective controls, but I think recent versions are improved.

Maybe you are right that this is the best solution but I don't want to
change the sendmail configuration for now ;)

>   2. increase the number of messages that dccm will allow with -j.
>      This may or may not be possible, dependikng on operating system
>      limitations such as on open files.

Here I have a question . How can I found  the current "-j maxjobs", so I
can adjust (increase) it. From the dccm manual page I undestand that this
is a complex value but is there a way to find it ?

>   3. change the milter setting for dccm in sendmail.cf so that sendmail
>      will continue instead of "temp-fail.  That consists of ensuring
>      that there is no F=T setting in the Xdcc line in sendmail.cf.
>      If you use misc/hackmc in the DCC source, simply do not use -f or -R.

Here I think that F=, F=T, F=R are working if  filter is unavailable or
unresponsive only. If the milter returns return something  to sendmail,
sendmail still returns "temp failing commands"

Thanks again,

Val

==
Valentin S. Chopov, CC[ND]P