dccm per user dirs and multiple real domain servers

Valentin Chopov valentin@valcho.net
Tue Feb 3 13:42:09 UTC 2004

Hi Vernon,

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Vernon Schryver wrote:

> One problem is definition of "domain."  Some installations would want
> mail.domain1.com while others would want domain1.com

I think domain1.com will be better in case of multiple mail servers
(MX records) serving a single domain.

> dccm has ${rcpt_host} available.  I suspect it various
> among mail.domain1.com, domain1.com, and somehost.domain1.com.
> That might be solved with symbolic links to make
> userdirs/local/domain1.com/user
> userdirs/local/mail.domain1.com/user
> and
> userdirs/local/somehost.domain1.com/user
> the same.

Yes this will work in some specific cases.

> If ${rcpt_host} would suffice, the next problem would be how to
> tell dccm to use it.  What argv letter would you use?

I don't now if this is possible, but what of some kind of dynamic variable
to the -U option, for example: "dccm -U userdirs/%domainname" which dccm
will translate
to userdirs/domain1.com/local/user and userdirs/domain2.com/local/user

Thanks,

Val

==
Valentin S. Chopov, CC[ND]P