How to move a DCC server?

Gary Mills mills@cc.UManitoba.CA
Sat Jan 17 04:42:38 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 08:53:50AM -0700, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > From: Gary Mills
>
> > I'm ready now to move one of my two DCC servers from one host to
> > another.  How can I do this in the least disruptive manner?
>
> >                  Will the other dccd be confused?
>
> No, not unless you change host names or server-IDs.

Well, the host names will change.  What are the consequences of
moving a DCC server from one host to another, but keeping the
the server ID?

How about if I first change from a real host name to a CNAME for
the DCC server?  Can I just change it in the flod file?  Does that
help with a subsequent move?