greylisting and particular MTA mail scheduling

Chris Aseltine ophidian@newsnation.com
Thu Jan 15 22:03:38 UTC 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Spike Ilacqua wrote:

> > thank you, I checked few most popular MTA with default configuration
> > and with default greylist embargo. Here are results how fast mail
> > was finally delivered:
>
> It probably depends more on the OS than the MTA.  For example, on
> FreeBSD the default sendmail queue interval is 30 minutes.

Would it then be safer to say that it depends more on the mailer
configuration supplied by the vendor?  For example, there are very many
different flavors of Linux, and each may have a different default Sendmail
configuration.

I actually looked for this setting briefly when I last built Sendmail
myself (on Slackware Linux) but couldn't find a line for my .mc after
about five minutes, and gave up.