How to move a DCC server?

Gary Mills mills@cc.UManitoba.CA
Thu Jan 15 15:21:04 UTC 2004

I'm ready now to move one of my two DCC servers from one host to
another.  How can I do this in the least disruptive manner?

Both dccds flood eachother, and also have external floods.  Can I just
shut one down, and start it up again on a different host, with the
same server ID?  Will the other dccd be confused?  I'd have to notify
the administrators of the change, of course.

I presume I should set up the flood to the server on the new host
first, and then add it to the client map later.  How long should
I wait for the new server to synchronize with the old one?

Would it be better to obtain a third server ID, and run all three
dccds for a while?