Multiple MX and single dccm/dccd - Re: embargo persist passing #

Valentin Chopov valentin@valcho.net
Thu Jan 15 13:46:04 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have question related to the previous one.
How DCC greylistin embargo handles multiple MX records.
Here is the example:

We have this:
mydomain.com.            IN MX        10 mail1.mydomain.com.
mydomain.com.            IN MX        20 mail2.mydomain.com.

mail1 & mail2 sendmails are served by a single dccm/dccd server.

When new e-mail come to test@mydomain.com  first it hits mail1 and
it's embargoed by DCC. The SMTP client gets temporary rejection and
in few seconds (less then 270 secs) it hits mail2 and it get enbargoed
again. In few minutes (more then 270 secs) this repeats again. The 3th
time which can be much  longer (it depends from the client MTA) usualy the
message passes. Some times it hapens after 30min from the 1st atempt, some
times much longer.

I think the problem is that the duration (mail2-mail1) between resending
the message is less then 270 secs.

Vernon, any help with this?

Thanks,

Val

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Valentin Chopov wrote:

> Hllo,
>
> as I understand currently SMTP client  have to
> pass 4 (four) times the embargo, to be remembered
> and become familiar to the DCC.
> Is there are any way to change this number?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Val

==
Valentin S. Chopov, CC[ND]P