greylist warning message and env_To

Tue Jan 13 15:58:38 UTC 2004

> From: Tim Wicinski <tim@meer.net>

> It looks like dccm/dccm.c is the only place to change the "temporary
> greylist embargoed" error message, am I correct?

The second '-r msg' in DCCM_ARGS in /var/dcc/dcc_conf
changes the 4yz greylisting message.

> Also, will greylisting work with Env_To whitelisting and/or sendmail's
> delaychecks?  We're trying to open up a few accounts to accept anything,
> anytime, regardless.

Any message that is caught by the DCC client is white- or blacklisted
for both the DCC and greylisting.

I'm not sure what is meant by "sendmail's delaychecks."  If you mean
the adjustments misc/hackmc makes to sendmail.cf generated from an .mc
file with

#   -O  modify the sendmail rules to treat access_db "OK" and "RELAY"
#       entries as white-listing the message.

then the answer should be yes, that turns off greylisting as well
as DCC mail target counting.  However, I'm not sure I've tested that.
I have often accidentally tested that TLS authentication turns off
greylisting.