dccm running out of file descriptors

Gary Mills mills@cc.UManitoba.CA
Sat Jan 10 17:10:56 UTC 2004

I've noticed lately that `dccm' sometimes logs that it's run out
of file descriptors, usually while attempting to create temporary
files.  A restart fixes it, at least for a while.  I don't know if
this behavior is related to the recent addition of greylisting.

This is under Solaris 8.  `dccm' is started with `ulimit -n 4096',
and runs with `-j 800'.  I wonder if the context limit calculation
in `dccm' needs a bit of updating.