Using and Understanding DCC

Paul Wright paul.wright@pobox.com
Wed Jan 7 16:28:13 UTC 2004

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Vernon Schryver wrote:

> > My question is are the "counts" made on the Body, Fuz1 and Fuz2? Is it a
> > total, ie Body+Fuz1+Fuz2 or which every scores 5? Secondly, what are the
> > Fuzz* checksums?
>
> I do not understand that question.   However, If you will read the web
> pages, I think you will find that "MANY" amounts to millions and is
> larger than 5.

I think the question is whether the total of the Body, Fuz1 and Fuz2
counts must exceed the threshold, or whether an individual count greater
than the threshold will do. The answer is that any one count greater
than the threshold means something like that message has been seen lots
of times and so the message is bulk mail.

--
Paul Wright
my site: http://pobox.com/~pw201 my days: http://blog.noctua.org.uk/