DCC on Windows

Carl Stehle webmaster@instantservers.com
Mon Jan 5 20:22:41 UTC 2004

There have been several discussions on the list regarding DCC on Windows:
http://www.rhyolite.com/pipermail/dcc/2003/001055.html
http://www.rhyolite.com/pipermail/dcc/2002/000813.html

These refer to using an OS emulation layer; we have instead focused on a
direct port (so far of cdcc and dccproc), and wondered if there is any
interest in integrating this into the DCC code base?

I understand there are non-technical issues regarding a Windows port,
but it seems better to have a single code base rather than forks
(like ours) floating around.

Although we are commercial and ultimately interested in using DCC in
a commercial environment, our understanding is that this is copacetic
with the DCC license (though not necessarily so with the current,
public DCC server population).

Happy New Year and Regards,
Carl Stehle