continue not asking DCC

Valentin Chopov valentin@valcho.net
Fri Dec 26 13:49:33 UTC 2003

Hello,

Sorry for returning to this but I'm continuing getting a lot of this:
Dec 26 08:09:07 milter dccm[41486]: continue not asking DCC 17 seconds
after failure
Dec 26 08:09:08 milter dccm[41486]: continue not asking DCC 16 seconds
after failure
Dec 26 08:09:09 milter dccm[41486]: continue not asking DCC 15 seconds
after failure

/var/dcc/map contains 3 DCC servers localhost (127.0.0.1) + 2 servers on
local Ethernet network  (100baseTX <full-duplex>). So I'm sure that we don't
have network problems here ;)
It looks that some time the current DCC server with the lowest RTT stops
responding and dccm starts "continue not asking..." complaints.
Is it possible in  this case, dccm to start asking the next available DCC
server (maybe based on the RTT) or it can be just a simple round robin.

Thanks,

Val