DCC greylisting, bulk tagging, and spamassassin

Mon Dec 22 23:57:19 UTC 2003

> From: "John R Levine" <johnl@iecc.com>

> > Why not teach whatever is looking at the dccifd output to treat
> > 'R' and 'S' the same as 'A'?
>
> It does.  Here's the question.
>
> Let's say a piece of mail shows up that is from a hitherto unseen IP
> address and also matches a body entry with a count that will make the
> X-DCC header say bulk.  Will dccifd say R or will it say G?  If it says
> G, I'm all set, but it looks to me from the logs that it'll say R.

That's a good point.
It says to me that dccifd should not say one of A, G, R, S, or T,
but one of one of A, R, S, or T and separately either G or not.
Unfortunately it's too late to change the protocol.

I'll think about adding `dccifd -a IGNORE`.  Perhaps it will stop
seeming so clearly wrong, but I wouldn't count on it.