DCC greylisting, bulk tagging, and spamassassin

Mon Dec 22 23:11:42 UTC 2003

> From: "John R Levine" <johnl@iecc.com>

>                                                               ... it
> seems like what I really want is the "-a IGNORE"  flag that's in the
> manual but not in the code.

Why not teach whatever is looking at the dccifd output to treat
'R' and 'S' the same as 'A'?

To implement `dcccifd -a IGNORE` I'd add code equivalent to the
following in 2 or 3 places:

   if (action == CMN_IGNORE
       && (result_char == 'S' | result_char == 'R'))
	result_char = 'A';

I'm reluctant to do that because the total CPU cycles are the same
whether dccifd or the caller maps R to A and it is good to encourage
people writing dccifd callers to understand that their code, not dccifd,
is doing any rejecting.

Besides, putting the check in caller of dccifd is more flexible.
As I understand it, `dccifd -a IGNORE` would turn off rejecting
by SpamAssassin in this case.