Greylisting and SMTP AUTH?

Spike Ilacqua spike@indra.com
Mon Dec 22 17:32:11 UTC 2003

> Since the dccd database can't really store anything except 24 bit
> values with the keys that are checksums, I don't see an alternative.

What about the idea of basing the log file name on the checksum?

> Would users likely to be concerned really care about messages that
> had passed the embargo.

Yes, users are going to want to whitelist the addresses to aviod delays.
Believe me, we hear about it when mail is delayed for any reason and
need to provide an option to avoid the greylisting delay.  I would put
messages that passed in a view from the rejected one.

> Would they understand more information about those that hadn't or just
> become even more concerned?

Some people want to know exactly what message are being rejected.  If we
don't log the greyed message, especially legit mail from broken mailers,
people will be unhappy.

->Spike