DESTDIR installation

Alex S Moore asmoore@edge.net
Mon Dec 22 16:43:45 UTC 2003

I am a package maintainer for the Solaris community from the blastwave.org site.
 What are chances of getting the DCC scripts to use DESTDIR for the install
directory?

I am in the process of packaging SpamAssassin (SA) for blastwave.org and I
really want to try adding a DCC package to complement SA.  I use SA and DCC on
my mail server and have been very pleased with the results.  However, our build
servers need a make install script that understands DESTDIR as the destination
directory.  Presently, all that I have been able to do is just whack the files
into my defined prefix on my mail server.

Also, if I am incorrect on my understanding of DCC licensing and that I should
not do this, please tell me.  I am expecting that the vast majority of blastwave
users will simply run dccifd with SA.

I realize that a Solaris DCC package installation may require some special
handling, such as a dcc user id.  I expect that some of the more experienced
package maintainers in our group can help me solve the issues.

Thanks, Alex Moore