Greylisting and SMTP AUTH?

Chris Mikkelson chris@mikk.net
Sun Dec 21 16:05:50 UTC 2003

Quoting Spike Ilacqua <spike@indra.com>:

> > Each (re)transmission of a message is logged by dccm, dccifd, and
> > dccproc in a separate file.
>
> What it if wasn't?  Would it be possible to save the name of the log
> file (just the six characters) in the greylist database and then append
> to the original log file?  That would leave a clear record of what
> happened that would be easy to read or for software to parse...

A better approach would be to base the log file name on the straight
body checksum, and append subsequent sightings/results to it.  The
client system would have to support long filenames, or you'd have to
have some way to resolve collisions.

--
Chris Mikkelson  | The genius of you Americans is that you never make
chris@mikk.net   | clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid