Possible? dccifd/dccd greylisting as Postfix filter?

Sun Dec 21 02:32:11 UTC 2003

> From: "Smart,Dan" <SmartD@VMCMAIL.com>

> I know the standard interface into DCC is sendmail milter, but is it
> possible to use dccifd with Postfix's filtering so that the sender gets a
> tempfail with greylisting?  If so, how?

If you know how to wire dccifd to Postfix, then it should be trivial
to use greylisting.  Dccifd is supposed to handle greylisting for MTAs
that use it just as dccm handles greylisting for sendmail.  Dccifd and
dccm have long been quite similar.  Several versions ago abstracted
common routes from both into an internal DCC library.

When dccifd thinks a message should be rejected for greylisting,
it answers with a 'G' instead of A, R, S, or T.

I say "supposed to handle greylisting" because as far as I know,
it's not been tested enough to talk about.