Using dccifd with SpamAssassin

Chris Mikkelson chris@mikk.net
Sat Dec 13 01:52:38 UTC 2003

Quoting Vernon Schryver <vjs@calcite.rhyolite.com>:

> > From: Chris Mikkelson <chris@mikk.net>

> > If dccifd is being used only for spamassassin, you might consider
> > turning off logging for dccifd.  Spamassassin doesn't seem to shut
> > down the dccifd connection properly, and dccifd will log these.
>
> That sounds like a bug on one side or the other.
> What do the messages look like?

The log file ends with:

        write(MTA socket,4): Broken pipe

which causes all messages to be logged.

On closer inspection, it appears to be a bug in my perl setup, which doesn't
know about the shutdown() function for some reason.

--
Chris Mikkelson  | The genius of you Americans is that you never make
chris@mikk.net   | clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid