Using dccifd with SpamAssassin

Smart,Dan SmartD@VMCMAIL.com
Fri Dec 12 21:59:07 UTC 2003

I need some help.

I'm using spamassassin 1.61, and have been using dccproc for a long time and
it works great.  I was going to upgrade to using dccifd now that SA supports
it, but I can't figure out how to make it work.

Spamassassin runs `dccproc -H -R` when it runs.

I'm trying to get /var/dcc/dcc_conf configured correctly.

I set DCCM_ENABLE and DCCD_ENABLE to "off" and DCCIFD_ENABLE to "on"
Since I'm running this sitewide, I made DCCM_USERDIRS=  (If that's correct?)

Not sure what else to setup, but when I fireup the start_dccifd and test is
with a `spamassassin -D --lint` it says it can't find dccifd.  What am I
doing wrong?  How should the dcc_conf be setup.  I don't understand logging.
Is there a way to get minimalist logging for error only?  I also don't need
whitelisting nor rejecting.

<<Dan>>
Vulcan Materials
Birmingham, AL