Version 1.2.17 of the DCC

Gary Mills mills@cc.UManitoba.CA
Fri Nov 21 16:01:16 UTC 2003

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 10:41:08PM -0700, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > From: Gary Mills <mills@cc.UManitoba.CA>
>
> > I just did the upgrade to 1.2.17, and again dccm went into a CPU
> > loop on startup.  ...

Subsequent tests showed that it looped every time.  Restarting just
postponed the behavior.

> That looks like adding IP addresses to a client whitelist.
> How many IP lines are in your whiteclnt file and any included files?
> Are they CIDR blocks and if so what sizes?

Only three IP entries.  The last one was a CNAME.  Changing them
thusly fixed the problem:

	# diff whiteclnt~ whiteclnt
	15,17c15,17
	< ok    ip      localhost
	<       ip      setup01.cc.umanitoba.ca
	<       ip      mail.testing.umanitoba.ca
	---
	> ok    ip      127.0.0.1
	> #     ip      setup01.cc.umanitoba.ca
	> #     ip      mail.testing.umanitoba.ca

I don't know which of the three caused the problem.