Version 1.2.15 of the DCC

Wed Nov 19 23:41:41 UTC 2003

> From: John Doherty <jdoherty@gstype.com>

> > If you have previously installed 1.2.12 or newer, then
> > /var/dcc/libexec/updatedcc should make it easy to fetch, build, and
> > install this version.
>
> I tried that, and it seemed to work fine,

Judging from what Aaron Paetznick pointed out, it won't work well if
any of your DCC build related environment variables include blanks,
quotes, or anything else fancy.

(I avoid fancy compiler, code generator options, or anything fancy
on code that's not my own.  Other people have other views.)

>                                           but what is the best way
> to update the whiteclnt.dccw file afterwards? If it's just deleted,
> it will be automatically rebuilt, is that correct?

When possible, all of the DCC data files are always automatically
regenerated, updated, or repaired as required.  Only if there is a
bug somewhere, if the contents of file don't seem to belong to the DCC
(e.g. wrong "magic" string), there is not enough disk space, or
something else bad happens is it necessary to manually delete
whiteclnt.dccw, dcc_db*, or whatever.