SPAM statistic

Bolmerg-Berliner Ludger - Munich-MR lbolmerg@munichre.com
Mon Nov 10 15:08:42 UTC 2003

Hello

I have run a statistic for about a month now to get a feeling how effective dccm is blocking SPAM using the public DCC servers.  The rejection threshold is set to 50.  The figures only include SPAM that was sent to my own email account.

Over a period of 30 days about 81 percent of all SPAM mails were rejected.  The range of the percentages was between 71 and 91. The overall number of SPAM mails seen ranges from 133 to 187.  All numbers are calculated on a daily basis.  No false positives were seen.

I am just curious if these results are comparable to what other users of dcc are getting.

Regards,

Ludger Bolmerg
Munich Re
IT164 Network Services