dccifd 1.2.14 error messages

Fri Oct 31 05:12:27 UTC 2003

> From: "Jorg B." <jorg_b@cwo.com>

> I have installed dccifd version 1.2.14 on my Slackware Linux boxes
> (slackware 9.0 & kernel 2.4.22) to work together with Spamassassin 2.60 .
> I have pretty much stripped the dcc_conf file to a minimum (see below)
> since I only want to use dccifd to accommodate spamassassin. I'm
> starting the service like this: ./var/dcc/libexec/dccifd  without any
> extra parameters.
>
> Now I'm seeing hundreds of the following error messages within my syslog:
>
> [snip]
> Oct 29 16:12:28 mail3 dccifd[7554]: write(MTA socket,4): Broken pipe
> Oct 29 16:21:13 mail1 dccifd[6264]: continue not asking greylist 8
> seconds after failure

> What is causing these error messages ?

The "write(MTA socket,4)" messages suggest that spamassassin has closed
the socket to dccifd when dccifd gets around to answering.

The "continue not asking greylist" messages suggest that dccifd is
trying to contact a greylist server without joy.  As far as I can
tell, the 1.2.14 version of dccifd todes not try to talk to a greylist
server when not running with -G.

Does `ps -lef | grep dccifd` agree that dccifd is not running with -G?

What does `cdcc info` say about the contents of your /var/dcc/map file?