DCC 1.2.14 and "temp failing commands"

Fri Oct 24 05:24:36 UTC 2003

> From: Alexy Khrabrov <alexy.khrabrov@setup.org>

> Vernon -- is this patch a good idea in any case?
> My dccm runs happily, I did see a couple restarts,
> and wonder whether I need to apply the patch "just
> in case."

No, that patch to libmilter/listener.c is wrong unless you want to
kludge around and somewhat diagnose what seems to be a bug in BSD/OS.
Any right version of the idea would consist of removing the check and
the memset() before the accept().

>            Is it submitted to Eric Allman?

I've considered saying something to Claus privately or via the sendmail
beta or bug mailing lists.  I don't understand why they're checking
the validity of the socket name to catch early closes instead of
catching them later.  Even if I'm right that it is a BSD/OS kernel bug,
it's hard to get excited about trying to convince the sendmail guys
to change their code.  BSD/OS has been end-of-lifed.