DCC 1.2.14 and "temp failing commands"

Spike Ilacqua spike@indra.com
Thu Oct 23 20:22:40 UTC 2003

> Probably something unrelated such as the size of some code or data
> somewhere.

Or maybe traffic patterns since having never done this before under
1.2.11 it just did.

How come sendmail sendmail defers mail in this case instead of just
delivering it as it does when dccm dies?  This is a major problem as it
effectively shuts down sendmail, but in away that's hard from network
monitoring software to detect...

> If our theories that the problem is related to the BSD/OS 4.2 and 4.1
> resolver library are true, the only tactic likely to be effective is
> to look at the source to that library.

I'm not convinced, I've tried building dccm linked with the BIND 9
library to no avail.

> I understand that the other organization which reported similar
> problems solved them by moving dccm to another system and connecting
> sendmail to dccm with TCP between hosts instead a UNIX domain socket
> within the host running sendmail.

I'd love to, but that's not an option at the moment.