DCC 1.2.14 and "temp failing commands"

Thu Oct 23 17:20:23 UTC 2003

> From: Spike Ilacqua <spike@indra.com>

> > Do you see complaints "accept() returned invalid socket" from dccm?
>
> No, the only messages around the failures are "too many simultaneous
> mail messages".  With 1.2.11 I still get temp failure message, but dccm
> exits and my monitor then restarts it.

It sounds like the same problem but a slightly different result.  Instead
of the bug in the BSD/OS threaded resolver library (or whatever) crashing
dccm, dccm gets stuck threads.

> > The enclosed patch to the 8.12.10 libmilter/listener.c seems to help a lot,
>
> I'll try it out.

It won't help, because it only turns off the mysterious libmilter check
to see if the socket peer name is valid.  (It's mysterious because
the peer name is used only for that check.)