DCC 1.2.14 and "temp failing commands"

Thu Oct 23 16:21:18 UTC 2003

> From: Spike Ilacqua <spike@indra.com>

> > I'd be surprised if the problems are related to recent changes because
> > I can't think of anything relevant that has been changed recently.
>
> I think it's more than coincidence, it never happened before 1.2.14.
> And while "dccm" dies about half a dozen times a day, it's not dying in
> this case, meaning the problem remains until someone manually kills and
> restarts dccm.  Not something that would have gone unoticed...

Do you see complaints "accept() returned invalid socket" from dccm?

Does libexec/start-dccm not do both the killing and the restarting of
dccm?

> Hmm, I wonder if it would be worth hacking the milter code...

The enclosed patch to the 8.12.10 libmilter/listener.c seems to help a lot,
unless you object to more noise in /var/log/maillog.
After applying it, one must run the ./Build script and then make,
install, and restart dccm.

Vernon Schryver    vjs@rhyolite.com

*** listener.c  Thu Oct 23 09:58:05 2003
--- orig-listener.c     Mon Aug  4 12:47:29 2003
***************
*** 751,766 ****
  # endif /* BSD4_4_SOCKADDR */
                     cliaddr.sa.sa_family != L_family))
                {
- #if 1
- smi_log(SMI_LOG_ERR,
-       "%s: accept() returned socket with clilen=%d"
-       " cliaddr.sa.sa_len=%d cliaddr.sa.sa_family=%d",
-       smfi->xxfi_name, clilen, cliaddr.sa.sa_len, cliaddr.sa.sa_family);
- #else
                        (void) closesocket(connfd);
                        connfd = INVALID_SOCKET;
                        save_errno = EINVAL;