DCC 1.2.14 and "temp failing commands"

Spike Ilacqua spike@indra.com
Thu Oct 23 15:31:22 UTC 2003

> I'd be surprised if the problems are related to recent changes because
> I can't think of anything relevant that has been changed recently.

I think it's more than coincidence, it never happened before 1.2.14.
And while "dccm" dies about half a dozen times a day, it's not dying in
this case, meaning the problem remains until someone manually kills and
restarts dccm.  Not something that would have gone unoticed...

I've downgraded to 1.2.11 and will see if the problem goes away or not.

No question thay BSD/OS is on it's last legs and isn't the best thing
for DCC, but I'm stuck with it for now.

> Yesterday I used gdb to poke at a broken connection.  Once the
> breakage happens, the accept() system call consistent returns
> apparently valid sockets but with a null socket name.  The sendmail
> milter library requires that the name of the accepted socket be
> non-null and have the right address family.  If not, it "accept()
> returned invalid socket (Invalid argument), try again" I think it
> doesn't actually use the socket name.

Hmm, I wonder if it would be worth hacking the milter code...

->Spike