Server whitelist not working in DCC 1.2.11

Gary Mills mills@cc.UManitoba.CA
Wed Oct 15 16:35:51 UTC 2003

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 11:45:26PM -0500, Gary Mills wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 10:08:37PM -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:
>
> > Is it possible that your dccproc test used your 1.1.44 server
> > instead of your 1.2.11 server?  I see a difference between 1.1.44
> > and 1.2.11 that I need to think about.  If it is the cause, then
> > temporarily adding -KIP will make the problem go away.
> > -KIP would not be a good long term solution because it will increase
> > the size of your database.
>
> No, I upgraded both servers to 1.2.11.  `dccproc' tests on both of
> them show the IP checksums.  I'll return to the 1.2.11 clients, and
> try the `-K IP' dccd flag.  If that fixes it, I'll be very happy.

No, that still didn't fix the problem.  Eventually, I reverted to the
1.1.44 version of DCC.  Once `dbclean' ran from cron, the problems
went away.  I'm wondering now if the original problem was with loading
of the `ok ip' entries from the server whitelist into the server
database.  Either that, or perhaps they were stored in some manner
that was not visible to the `dccm' client.