Server whitelist not working in DCC 1.2.11

Gary Mills mills@cc.UManitoba.CA
Wed Oct 15 04:45:26 UTC 2003

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 10:08:37PM -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > From: Gary Mills <mills@cc.UManitoba.CA>
>
> > I don't think so.  The IP checksums seems to be in the database of
> > both servers.  `dbclean' ran from cron early in the morning, and
> > didn't report anything unusual.
> >
> > I'm going to try reverting to the 1.1.44 client, to see if that works
> > better.

It still had the problem!  I'm mystified.

> Is there any chance that a "-g IP" was lost from DCCM_ARGS?

I've never used that option, either with `dccm' or `dccproc'.
Is it necessary now?  I assume not, from reading the man pages.

> Is it possible that your dccproc test used your 1.1.44 server
> instead of your 1.2.11 server?  I see a difference between 1.1.44
> and 1.2.11 that I need to think about.  If it is the cause, then
> temporarily adding -KIP will make the problem go away.
> -KIP would not be a good long term solution because it will increase
> the size of your database.

No, I upgraded both servers to 1.2.11.  `dccproc' tests on both of
them show the IP checksums.  I'll return to the 1.2.11 clients, and
try the `-K IP' dccd flag.  If that fixes it, I'll be very happy.