Server whitelist not working in DCC 1.2.11

Gary Mills mills@cc.UManitoba.CA
Wed Oct 15 03:18:51 UTC 2003

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 05:07:12PM -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > From: Gary Mills <mills@cc.UManitoba.CA>
>
> > It seems that only `dccm' is having this problem. The DCC servers
> > do have the correct checksums, according to this test...

> >                                                         checksum  server
> >                          IP: 9e43e23f e1cf013e b180603a 653ca3ab      ok
>
> > So, why would `dccm' not be getting a checksum from the server?
>
> These the following lines from the log file of the previous example show
> that dccm was talking to some DCC server somewhere:
>
> ]	   Body: 85c6a262 a52f124d da385321 25239ffa       0
> ]	   Fuz1: 7492862d 9402ade1 3f85901e 2eb24faa       0
> ]	   Fuz2: e0dfb371 8620c154 afb1ed4f 7e6c0367     207
>
> That target count of 207 in suggests that some DCC server
> was asked and answered more than once.
>
> The X-DCC header line in the log file should have clues about which
> DCC server answered with that "207".  My first guess is that the X-DCC
> header  won't start with "X-DCC-UofM-Metrics" and that the public DCC
> servers or some others are listed in /var/dcc/map file on electra.

No, it's the correct line...

> If this guess is right, `cdcc dccm` on electra will list more than
> localhost and the IP addresses of your DCC servers.

If you mean `cdcc info' the output looks quite normal.  Only my two
DCC servers are listed.

> Mu second guess is that something was wrong with /var/dcc/whitelist
> when dbclean was run before the message was bounced but was fixed
> and dbclean was run after the message bounced and before the dccproc test.
> If this guess is right, then between the initial and final lines
> from dbclean in the log file will be some whining about the whitelist file.

I don't think so.  The IP checksums seems to be in the database of
both servers.  `dbclean' ran from cron early in the morning, and
didn't report anything unusual.

I'm going to try reverting to the 1.1.44 client, to see if that works
better.