Resources needed for greylisting?

Gary Mills mills@cc.UManitoba.CA
Mon Oct 6 04:01:10 UTC 2003

The greylisting feature recently added to DCC sounds attractive.  Can
anyone tell me what resources, in terms of disk space, memory, and CPU
would be required for greylisting?  Our mail server accepts between
2000 and 20,000 SMTP messages per hour, running on a Sun E450 with 4
CPUs and 4 gigs of memory.  How many greylist servers would be
reasonable?

Is there a way to introduce greylisting to an existing DCC installation
with minimum disruption and user confusion?  Are their any mail servers
that react badly to greylisting, and require special treatment?