Help configuring whitelisting

Craig Constantine craig@blkbx.com
Thu Sep 18 20:36:46 UTC 2003

Hi all,

  I can't seem to quite get this working right -- so I'm posting a full
example in hopes that someone will hit me with the cluebat. I don't think
this is a bug, the problem is between my chair and my keyboard...

I'm running DCCM (without greylisting) with Sendmail. My DCCM related vars
from the dcc_conf file are:

-----begin-----
DCCM_ENABLE=on
DCCM_ARGS="-a REJECT -W"
DCCM_LOGDIR=H?log
DCCM_WHITECLNT=whiteclnt
DCCM_USERDIRS=userdirs
DCCM_LOG_AT=50
DCCM_REJECT_AT=50
DCCM_CKSUMS=
DCCM_XTRA_CKSUMS=
-----end-----

  My 'whitelist' file has only two lines (that aren't comments):

-----begin-----
include whitecommon
include bbx-whitelist
-----end-----

'whitecommon' is the normal file that came with DCC. The second file is
where I was hoping to add all the special whitelisted bulk sources I need
to permit as I find them. (After a while I was planning on giving the
really useful ones like Apple's listserv's, MSNBC, CNN, etc. back to the
community so they could be added to the regular 'whitecommon' -- but I
digress.)

  My 'whiteclnt' file also has only two lines:

-----begin-----
include whitecommon
include bbx-participants
-----end-----

I'm using the second file to list people who want filtering; It's full of
lines like:

-----begin----
ok2  env_to  anabella@imap.ot.com

So here's the problem: Along comes an email, env_To anabella@imap.ot.com
(someone who is listed "ok2 env_To anabella@imap.ot.com" in the 'whiteclnt'
file via inclusion from 'bbx-participants'.) The message really is bulk,
and gets rejected. Here's a real example -- nothing changed, except I cut
out the body...