hack -T and Grey List

Tue Sep 16 05:18:41 UTC 2003

> From: Michael Ghens <michael@spconnect.com>

> I have STARTTLS for off site user relay. I am using the hackmc -T option.
> DCCD -G seems to grey list offsite users.
>
> Any sugguestions?

`dccd -G` has no way of knowing what dccm or dccfd are doing.

I use `misc/hackmc -AROT` and was startled when test messages
from systems with known certificates were not greylisted.
If sendmail says a message is whitelisted, whether because of access_DB
entries or STARTTLS, dccm does not ask the greylist `dccd -G` server.
The SMTP client and server must share certificates for mail to be
whitelisted;  sendmail must say "verify=OK".