more about greylisting ...

Mon Sep 15 14:16:27 UTC 2003

> From: Valentin Chopov <valentin@valcho.net>

> I have some questions about new grey_whitelist.
> This is server based whitelist, so do I have to kill/start the
> "dccd -G" every time  I make changes in the grey_whitelist.

No, you do not need to restart dccd to change its whitelist, but
you do need to run `dbclean` or `dbclean -G`.
Something like `dbclean -Gi serverID` would do the trick.

> Also, what about the "dccm -g not-all", is this going to affect
> the grey whitelists too? I prefer not ;)

`dccm -g` has no effect on `dccd -G` whitelists.  `dccm -g` only
affects what dccm does with whitelisted counts dccm receives from dccd.
`dccd -G` whitelists affect whether `dccd -G` says to embargo a message.

> This is not very important but maybe someday it can be cganged -
> cdcc "grey on; stats" gives  info (>10,>100>100,many)
> which doesn't make any sense for greylisting. And one they this
> info can be used to create a useful rrd graphs for greylisting;)

that's a good point.