how to do per-user/per-domain threshhold with dccifd?

Sun Sep 14 03:33:56 UTC 2003

> From: Dave Lugo <dlugo@etherboy.com>

> Looking over the man page for dccifd, I don't see any way
> to allow a user to specify a threshhold.   The '-U' option
> works well for per-user whitelists, but that's it.

What about `dccifd -t type,[log-thold,]rej-thold]`
Or easier, DCCIFD_REJECT_AT in /var/dcc/dcc_conf?

dccifd is like dcccm, which is why the default value of
DCCIFD_REJECT_AT in /var/dcc/dcc_conf is $DCCM_REJECT_AT.

> Currently, my kludged-together MTA is using dccproc prior
> to end-of-DATA.  Because of how dccproc is hooked into my
> setup, I'm able to have a default threshhold/whiteclnt per
> each domain that I accept mail for, as well as per-user
> prefs that override the domainwide prefs.
>
> Might there be some use in extending dccifd to do the above,
> or can it do it already, and I'm being dense?

Oh!  You want per-user thresholds in dccm, and so by shared code,
also in dccm.  They're on my to-do list.

If you really want "per domain" instead "per user" thresholds,
I don't see how to specify it.
Could you ask a different instance of dccifd via a different
TCP or UNIX-domain socket for each mail domain?

vjs