How to exempt MX clients from DCC rejection?

Sun Sep 14 01:18:27 UTC 2003

> From: Gary Mills <mills@cc.UManitoba.CA>

> My mail server acts as an MX host for several other mail servers.
> `dccm' processes incoming e-mail before it's relayed to those other
> servers, rejecting e-mail that it identifies as bulk mail.  However,
> recipients on those other servers have no opportunity to whitelist
> mail on my server.

"No opportunity" must mean none that you're willing to spend the
time and effort to make work.
For example, you could give them access via HTTP to per-user
DCC whitelists.  Or you could rig something with rdist/ssh.

> Is there a way to exempt these MX clients from DCC rejection?
> Can the `dcc_notspam' sendmail macro be used for this purpose?
> Has anyone figured out how to do this?

If you can identify their mail by sendmail access_DB "OK" or "RELAY"
tag, then you could use `misc/hackmc -O` to adjust standand sendmail.cf
See the sendmail cf/README file and the DCC misc/hackmc file in the source.
You can find that latter at
http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/dcc-tree/misc/hackmc