How to exempt MX clients from DCC rejection?

Gary Mills mills@cc.UManitoba.CA
Sun Sep 14 00:05:05 UTC 2003

My mail server acts as an MX host for several other mail servers.
`dccm' processes incoming e-mail before it's relayed to those other
servers, rejecting e-mail that it identifies as bulk mail.  However,
recipients on those other servers have no opportunity to whitelist
mail on my server.

Is there a way to exempt these MX clients from DCC rejection?
Can the `dcc_notspam' sendmail macro be used for this purpose?
Has anyone figured out how to do this?

My mail server also has a number of virtual domains that do only
e-mail forwarding via virtual aliases.  Exempting them is more
complicated because some virtual aliases resolve to local addresses,
but others do not.  This latter group should either be exempted,
or the recipients given some way to do whitelisting.  Any suggestions?