Does DCC skip attachments?

Gary Mills mills@cc.UManitoba.CA
Tue Sep 9 19:44:48 UTC 2003

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 11:48:10AM -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > From: "John R Levine" <johnl@iecc.com>
>
> > > I don't see that checksum in John Levine's whitelist of empty messages
> > > at http://www.iecc.com/dcc-testmsg-whitelist.txt
> >
> > I just added ten new empty message checksums that I started seeing in the
> > past few months, and that's one of them.  It's probably from a newly
> > updated version of one of the Microsoft MUAs.
>
> In case it's not clear, it seems like a Good Thing(tm) for
> larger sites to track John's list in their local whiteclnt files.

Yes, I was very pleased to read about that list.  I had been building
my own empty message checksum list, based on strange things that
people were whitelisting, but I wasn't maintaining it very well.

I've just switched over to using John's list.  I suppose that checsums
for emtpy messages must change frequently, as the free e-mail services
change their advertizing footers.  Keeping up with the changes will
be a bit of a chore.