greylist problem

Valentin Chopov valentin@valcho.net
Tue Sep 9 18:11:55 UTC 2003

Vernon,

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Vernon Schryver wrote:

> Additional interesting questions include:
>
>   - are you using the default 4.5 minute embargo?

Yes, I didn't change the defaults.

>   - did the SMTP client retransmit at all?

It looks that every message is retransmiting  but with different
msgid. I checked the normal "embargoed" messages in the maillog
and after that the same  accepted messages and they have the same msgid in
both times. I don't know if this can be a problem..

> I'll add grey-whitelisting realsoonnow.  It's not a good solution, but
> it's not as bad as wholesale whitelisting.

Yeah, it will be better..

> The best solution in this case regardless of the DCC or greylisting
> is to convince the person of the fact that it is reckless and
> irresponsible to expose any Windows box directly to the Internet.
> "Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service" on the Internet ought to be and
> perhaps soon will be bait for members of the plaintiff's bar.
> But of course, fixing his system not your fight.

;-)

Thanks,

Val

==