Does DCC skip attachments?

Tue Sep 9 16:39:01 UTC 2003

> From: Gary Mills <mills@cc.UManitoba.CA>

> > > I had a complaint today from a professor who was e-mailing documents
> > > from his home address to his work address.  The mail was rejected by
> > > DCC.  When I looked at the DCC log, I discovered that the mail was
> > > multipart/alternative with an attachment.  The plain text part was
> > > empty.  The HTML part was also empty, except for all the font and style
> > > definitions inserted by his MUA.

>      Body: 91fa0b7f ae66cd83 0a3416c2 4e48320d       0
>      Fuz1: 9896a514 ae3431f6 7c0cfa58 b4eabc5d       0
>      Fuz2: e49f6eba 1055a720 6a9afb79 9a2ede52    4077

That Fuz2 checksum implies that the HTML and plaintext parts were not
entirely empty of plaintext.  That high count of 4077 implies that
whatever that semantically empty stuff is, it's common.
I don't see that checksum in John Levine's whitelist of empty messages
at http://www.iecc.com/dcc-testmsg-whitelist.txt