greylist problem

Rose, Bobby brose@med.wayne.edu
Tue Sep 9 15:15:22 UTC 2003

It's really not a permanent rejection.  4.7.x just tells the remote smtp
system to try again later so the question should be why his system is
resending.   Does he have it configued to resend on failures?

-----Original Message-----
From: Valentin Chopov [mailto:valentin@valcho.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 10:34 AM
Cc: dcc@rhyolite.com
Subject: greylist problem

Hi,

today I got a complaint from a person about rejectig
all mail from his domain. When I checked the mailog,
there were "DCC embargoes" only and not a single successful "Sent". I
put his mail server (Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version:
5.0.2195.5329) IP address in the whitelist but I don't like this way of
fixing ;) Any ideas?

Thanks,

Val

==