Does DCC skip attachments?

Gary Mills mills@cc.UManitoba.CA
Tue Sep 9 15:14:03 UTC 2003

I had a complaint today from a professor who was e-mailing documents
from his home address to his work address.  The mail was rejected by
DCC.  When I looked at the DCC log, I discovered that the mail was
multipart/alternative with an attachment.  The plain text part was
empty.  The HTML part was also empty, except for all the font and style
definitions inserted by his MUA.  These two parts certainly could be
identical to thousands of other messages, which would cause DCC to
consider the mail as bulk mail.

However, the attachment was his own PDF file, and should have been
unique.  Did DCC skip this part when it was calculating checksums?