Greylisting and whitelisting

Mon Sep 8 16:04:05 UTC 2003

> From: "Rose, Bobby" <brose@med.wayne.edu>

> Is it possible to add a whitelisting function that whitelists a system
> from greylisting, but not bulk email checking.  We allow relaying for
> the university dial-in pool and greylisting essentially keeps them from
> sending thru us (oops), but I don't want to whitelist them because it's
> a dial-in pool.

That's an interesting point against the greylisting whitelist being based
on just IP addresses.

I can see the value of the idea.  Currently `dccd -G` and `dbclean -G`
refuse to have anything to do with a whitelist.  I'll have to
change that, including picking a name for the `dccd -G` whitelist file.