Greylisting

Gary Mills mills@cc.UManitoba.CA
Thu Sep 4 14:52:13 UTC 2003

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 08:36:34AM -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > Subject: Greylisting
> > From: "Rose, Bobby" <brose@med.wayne.edu>
>
> > Also, I've been usingDCC for a while and was wondering if there was a
> > way to change the reject message.  Explaining what DCC is everytime
> > someone sends a single worded test message from yahoo,etc
> > is getting annoying.
>
> See `dccm -r`.

The man page says:

     -r rejection-msg
          specifies the rejection message for unsolicited bulk mail.  It re-
          places the default, "5.7.1 550 mail from X rejected by BRAND DCC".
          A common alternate is "4.7.1 451 Access denied by DCC" to tell the

Is there a way to retain the `X' in the message?  I need that for log
analysis.  The default message is incomprehensible to people who are
wondering why their mail bounced.  I'd like to add a friendlier
explanation, or perhaps a URL.