poll works for Solaris

Gary Mills mills@cc.UManitoba.CA
Fri Aug 29 20:12:49 UTC 2003

As a result of a firewall configuration error, our mail server was
heavily overloaded for about a week.  During this time, I raised all
the limits in sendmail and DCC to cope with the e-mail traffic.
I started DCC with 4096 file descriptors, and ran `dccm' with the
`-j 800' option.  This was under Solaris 8, with the sendmail milter
library compiled to use poll() rather than select().  `dccm' ran
very nicely with up to 800 threads, which is five or ten times the
normal number.  I'm impressed!