greylisting and dccproc

Mon Aug 25 20:00:07 UTC 2003

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 12:38:36PM -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:
| Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:38:36 -0600 (MDT)
| From: Vernon Schryver <vjs@calcite.rhyolite.com>
| Subject: greylisting and dccproc
| To: dcc@calcite.rhyolite.com
|
| Does anyone use dccproc during the SMTP transaction to reject spam?
|
| I ask because I've finished adding greylisting to dccm and dccifd.
| I've punted on dccproc because dccproc does not currently know
| the SMTP envelope RCPT_TO value(s).
| If I changed it to understand `dccproc -G rcpt1 -G rcpt2 ...` as
| a request to greylist based on those recipient addresses, it could
| exit() with EX_TEMPFAIL from sysexits.h.
|
| I suspect no one is using dccproc during the SMTP transaction.
| Dccifd is the preferred mechanism.

I am using dccproc during the SMTP transaction as well. I am using qmail
as an MTA and originally wrote some scripts based on qmail-qfilter to
use DCC.

One of my goals was to modify rblsmtpd to use dccifd and remove the
queue altering kludge, but it hasn't happened yet.

This notice will move that up on my priorities a bit.

As a side note, has anyone worked on adding dccifd functionality into
qmail? I would be willing to test any code people have out there.
Otherwise I will work on it myself and release a patch to anyone who is
interested.

Thanks,
--
Brian T Glenn