Can't figure out why this is bouncing

Thu Aug 14 13:54:53 UTC 2003

> From: Bertha <bertha@yetta.net>

> I don't know why, but recently DCC has started bouncing mail to the admin
> address of a locally-hosted mailing list (line breaks added for
> readability):

>  Aug 13 20:27:48 yetta sendmail[19021]: h7E0RiJ8019021:
>  to=<b5-atlanta-chat-admin@yetta.net>, delay=00:00:01, pri=30203,
>  stat=5.7.1. 550 Suspected spam; mail refused.  See
>  http://yetta.net/rejected_mail.html#dcc
>
> In the /var/dcc/whitelist file I have
>
> ok	to	b5-atlanta-chat-admin@yetta.net

Shouldn't that be "env_to" instead of "to"?

> I also have mail to that address classified as "spamfriend" in the
> sendmail access file.
>
> But mail to that address is still bouncing.  I'm quite puzzled.  Help?

What do the dccm log files for those messages have to say?

`grep dccm /var/log/maillog` (or or wherever the dccm log messages go)
should find complaints about an unrecognized checksum type.

What does `dccproc -w whiteclnt` say?  It should whine in the system log
something like:
 ... dccproc[26114]: unrecognized checksum type "to" in line 92 of whiteclnt