Use of DCC with multiple email domains on mail server

John Scully jscully@isupportisp.com
Thu Jul 24 13:58:22 UTC 2003

Thanks Sven! That is exactly what I need to do.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: dcc-admin@rhyolite.com [mailto:dcc-admin@rhyolite.com] On Behalf
Of Sven
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 8:23 AM
To: DCC@rhyolite.com
Subject: Re: Use of DCC with multiple email domains on mail server

Bolmerg-Berliner Ludger - Munich-MR wrote:
> I use DCC the same way as Dan handling all of my domains.  I would
> like to know if it is possible to limit the use of DCC to one or just
> a few domains only even your sendmail is handling mail for multiple
> domains.  This is a request if a single customer just wants to get
> everything.
>
> Ludger

What I have done is enabled per user ability to use DCC even though I am
running DCC as a milter on a gateway machine. Using the "-aIGNORE" flag
dccm, all the mail gets passed to the final mail servers with DCC header
information only. Local procmail rulesets then look for the header and
see
if the user has enabled content checking (the latter is done via a
webpage
that saves the preferences to a mysql database; a cron job on the pop
server
periodically queries the database for changes and creates a file in the
users' home directory containing variables such as contentcheck ( 0 or
1),
etc) and disposal methods (/dev/null, spam folder, tag subject line). In
my
case the pertinent ruleset is:

:0
* ContentCheck ?? 1
* ^X-DCC-.*-Metrics:.*\<bulk
{
        :0
        * DisposeDCC ?? 1
        /dev/null

        :0 :
        *DisposeDCC ?? 2
        spam

        :0 f
        * ^Subject:\/.*
        | /usr/local/bin/formail -i "Subject: [Spam] $MATCH"

        :0 Ef
        * ! H ?? ^Subject:
        | /usr/local/bin/formail -i "Subject: [Spam]"
}

This is used in conjuction with various RBL lookups to give our end
users
finetooth control over what is making the decisions on their email and
what
is done with it if the mail is determined to be of a spammy nature.

Sven Willenberger