Use of DCC with multiple email domains on mail server

Thu Jul 24 13:58:59 UTC 2003

> From: "Sven" <sven@dmv.com>

> Bolmerg-Berliner Ludger - Munich-MR wrote:
> > I use DCC the same way as Dan handling all of my domains.  I would
> > like to know if it is possible to limit the use of DCC to one or just
> > a few domains only even your sendmail is handling mail for multiple
> > domains.  This is a request if a single customer just wants to get
> > everything.

When this question has been asked before, I've suggested using
a sendmail access-DB entry for the relevant domain domain and
tweaking sendmail.cf with `misc/hackmc -O` to tell dccm to whitelist
whatever is marked "OK" or "RELAY" in the access-DB file.

> What I have done is enabled per user ability to use DCC even though I am
> running DCC as a milter on a gateway machine. Using the "-aIGNORE" flag to
> dccm, all the mail gets passed to the final mail servers with DCC header
> information only. Local procmail rulesets then look for the header and see
> if the user has enabled content checking (the latter is done via a webpage
> that saves the preferences to a mysql database; a cron job on the pop server

That sounds reasonable for per-user control.  It seems similar to the
per-user web CGI scripts in the DCC source.  To the same sort of thing
with those script, users would add DCC whitelist entries for their
env_to values.